L. Spenser Smith - Tuscaloosa, AL
L. SPENSER SMITH
Bishop L. Spenser Smith grew up the 3rd of 4 children but always seemed to standout among the Smith clan; accomplishing great things ahead of his age. Growing up as a musical prodigy, he began singing before audiences at the age of 4, taught himself to play piano at age 11, and secured his first minister of music position at age 12. Reared in a musically gifted and deeply religious family, it was clear where Bishop Smith's path would eventually lead him.
After graduating with honors from high school, he attended Florida A&M University, majoring in Music Education. While there, he was a member of the World Famous Marching 100 and Director of the FAMU Gospel Choir. After graduating in 1995, he worked in the Duval County Public School System as a middle school band director.
In 1996, at the age of 26, Bishop Smith began his pastoral ministry at the New Testament Church, Inc. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama after the untimely passing of his father-in-law, the Reverend Charles E. Moore. His profound and courageous leadership has caused the ministry to be a life-changing force, not only in Tuscaloosa, but throughout the region and nation. In 2000 at the age of 29, he became one of the youngest men to be duly consecrated as a Bishop in his reformation, Kingdom Fellowship Covenant Ministries, based in Baltimore, MD. In 2005, Bishop Smith founded the IMPACT HOUSE in Birmingham, AL, a thriving ministry impacting the South Central region. Bishop Smith's accomplishments are numerous. They include:
- Highly- Sought Life Coach & Inspirational Speaker
- Stellar Award Nominated Recording Artist, Songwriter, Producer, working with gospel artists such as Donald Lawrence, Twinkie Clark, Karen Clark-Sheard, Men of Standard, and Marvin Sapp
- Author of the new books, The Altar'ed Life & Getting Ready for Love
- Who's Who Among American Executives and Leaders
- The American Heritage of Leaders Honor Recepient
- Member, Joint College of Bishops Congress, Cleveland, OH
- President, Unity Covenant Fellowship of Interdependent Churches and Ministries,
- CEO, Move With Him Entertainment
- Senior Pastor, The Impact Nation Fellowship Church, Birminghan & Tuscaloosa
- He is the husband of the beautiful Patrice Moore Smith, and the father of 3 lovely and gifted children: Jori Aaliyah, Jamel Alexander, and Jarren Andre
- Doctorate of Divinity, St. Thomas Christian College, Jacksonville, FL.
- A proud member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
As a young man, he embraces his purpose for life as one that is to empower others, especially young people, for success and achievement; encouraging a new generation of leaders to emerge through a strong belief in God and a heart for His will, and faith to persevere through life's challenges to manifest the Kingdom of God.
The In Times
Assignment No. 1
2006 - Statement